Eating fresh veggies is imperative to satisfy your daily requirements of various nutrients. In the fast pace world, vegetables is a neglected part in our diets as it seems hard and time consuming to buy, wash, peel and cook them accordingly. There are very few who consume enough veggies that are vital for the health on a regular basis. There are a number of health and life saving benefits of including vegetables in your daily diet. Dieticians recommend at least 2 cups of vegetables daily for an adult. Eating a diet loaded with raw vegetables is the perfect link to a healthy life.
There is a large array of colors in veggies with a plethora of nutrients, vitamins and minerals. All year round the variety of veggies offers you a new taste and a new way to keep you healthy as per their season. They can be eaten raw or lightly cooked. Provide your kids a bowl of multicolored vegetables instead of unhealthy snacks. Vegetables are a great source of fiber, antioxidants, minerals and vitamins that is a factor of having a healthy body and aid you to fight against chronic diseases throughout the life. Below are some of the health benefits of munching veggies that will give you genuine reasons to include them in your daily diet:
- The smooth functioning of our physical and mental health depends on the supply of certain minerals and vitamins. They are largely provided by the plant food including vegetables and fruits. They contain all natural substances, minerals and vitamins in abundance to keep you fit and well.
- The antioxidants contained by veggies are particularly important to aid you against a number of diseases. They help protect your body from oxidant stress and cancers by trapping free radicals. Fresh vegetables boost your immune system by developing the body capacity to decrease the oxidative damage.
- Vegetables are an effective weapon for weight management. They are very low in calories and eating them in large quantity will not harm your weight loss plan. Lacking of certain minerals and vitamins can slow down your metabolism which can contribute to weight gain. The absorption of food and proper thyroid functioning is linked with the many nutrients of vegetables.
- Consuming raw and fresh vegetables may reduce the risks of cardiovascular ailments including heart attacks and strokes. The high amount of potassium in vegetables prevents the risk of developing stones in kidneys, aids in decreasing bone loss and may lower down the blood pressure as well.
- Fresh vegetables allow all bodily functions work well, for instance vitamin C stimulates your immune system as an antioxidant and help you to get rid of free radicals. Vitamin A is beneficial for eyesight, vitamin D makes your skeletal frame strong and Vitamin E is effective for skin.
- Minerals offered by the vegetables have their own benefits in order to keep develop your strength, for instance iron retains oxygen in the blood and develops the circulatory system. The deficiency of iron leads you to feel weak and lethargic. Calcium and potassium have their own major functions in a human body. Certain amount of trace minerals also needed which are found in fresh vegetables and fruits.
Stephanie Ingram is a blogger, writer and an enthusiast to spend her efforts and time in learning, applying and writing fitness articles, food and nutrition. She has been passionate about learning and sharing the ways to improve fitness and maintain optimal health in order to live an active life.